Rovers edge disrupted Salford

Hull KR won for the second time since lockdown after a 24-22 triumph over Salford Red Devils at the Halliwell Jones Stadium.

Before the game, Salford announced four had to be stood down for coronavirus related issues. Two tested positive, and another two had inconclusive tests.

The Robins took the lead after 18 minutes, as Mikey Lewis managed to get over for his first Super League try. Jamie Ellis added the conversion for a six point advantage.

However, the Challenge Cup Finalists hit back soon after, as Connor Jones managed to go over. Ed Chamberlain converted to level the game.

The final word of the half went to the Rovers, as Ben Crooks went over within the last five minutes. Ellis was on target to give Rovers their six point lead again.

Salford hit back six minutes into the second half, as Luke Yates got his way over. Chamberlain addded the conversion to level the game for the second time.

The Robins then got back in front with a penalty try, as Lewis was pushed off the ball while going for it. Ellis converted.

That lead only lasted for six minutes, as Oliver Ashall-Bott came inside to score his first try for Salford. Chamberlain converted to level for the thirs time.

Just two minutes later, Jordan Abdull went over after finding a gap to score. Ellis missed the conversion this time, meaning they had a four point lead.

Salford then levelled the game for a fourth time, as Chamberlain got a try in the corner. Crucially, he missed the conversion, meaning the game stayed level.

With the clock on zero, the Rovers got a penalty, which Jamie Ellis scored to secure the win inside 80 minutes for Tony Smith’s side.

Salford now go to Wembley for the first time in 51 years, as they face Leeds Rhinos in the Challenge Cup Final. They then face Wigan Warriors next Friday at the Totally Wicked Stadium.

As for Hull KR, they return to action next week against Castleford Tigers at the Totally Wicked Stadium.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: